Sunday, May 1, 2011

More From Our "Fam" Trip

In my last post, I mentioned our familiarization trip to Phoenix and some things I learned about Phoenix while we were there. Now I will share more details and photos from that trip.

I took quite a few of these photos from a moving bus, so please forgive the blur.

The hotel we stayed at had many palm trees and orange trees.


Many yards in Phoenix have orange trees, lemon trees, and grapefruit trees. With the group, we toured one rental house with fruit trees in the backyard, and all of the women on the tour were carrying as much fruit as they could back on the bus! People were shaking branches to get the precious oranges and grapefruits.

Justin contemplated taking an orange he found on a bench at the hotel, but decided against it.

Like I mentioned before, everywhere you go you can see mountains. This was on the drive north to Anthem.

There are also many cacti! I'm strangely fascinated by them. They grow very slowly, and if you damage one, it's a $5000 fine!

Here are pictures of what some typical neighborhoods look like:


Very different from NC!

No comments:

Post a Comment